- 1 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or Sunbutter for nut free version)
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed, almond meal or sunflower seeds (or cereal for nut free version)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1″ in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Makes about 20-25 balls.
Recipe borrowed kindly from Gimme Some Oven
* It’s worth noting that these are best when they come straight from the fridge so better to keep these as a high calorie snack with a cup of milo before bedtime rather than a lunchbox treat.