Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 20 min
Use raw, organic ingredients whenever possible. These measurements are flexible; don’t worry too much about being exact.
- 2 cups raw, whole rolled oats (proper old fashion oats)
- ½ cup raw nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup raw seeds (sunflower or pumpkin seeds or both)
- ½ cup unsweetened dried fruit, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or raw honey (or a combo of both)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or coconut butter)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large pinch fine sea salt
Recipe: Preheat the oven to 300º. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your clean hands to mix well and toss to coat; it will be sticky and messy but that’s the fun part. The coconut oil might be liquid or solid depending on the temperature of the room you are in (it has a melting point of about 75ºF.) Your hands will warm it up and melt it into the mixture if it’s solid, just be sure to mix it all through the other ingredients so there aren’t any chunks of oil left. Spread the mixture in a thin layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, until very lightly toasted. Cool before serving or storing. This granola can be kept in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 2 weeks.
CF Tip > We add this over ice cream or yoghurt to “crunch” it up with a few extra calories as well as keeping in on hand as a healthy high fat snack for car trips etc.